We’ve been urging you to learn a few important points about your disease because HCM has various presentations and important metrics.
- Are you obstructed or non-obstructed?
- What is your Ejection Fraction – (EF)?
- What is your NYHA functional class?
- If you have a genetic mutation, if so, what is it?
Knowing the answers to these questions gives a healthcare provider a snapshot of your disease and also facilitates eligibility for clinical trials.
- The first is the Study of Mavacamten in Non-Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (ODYSSEY-HCM) – For more information please complete this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/pulse3
- Other myosin inhibitor trials regarding the Efficacy and Safety of Aficamten For information about this and other trials please complete the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/pulselet6
- MyPeak-1 is actively enrolling patients with nonobstructive HCM who have the MYBPC3 genetic mutation. For more information please complete this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/peak10
- For our younger HCM community members with the MYBPC3 gene, a study: Natural History Study in Pediatric Patients With MYBPC3 Mutation-associated Cardiomyopathy (MyCLIMB).
If you haven’t gone through the HCMA Intake process within the last two years, please schedule an Intake Call on the website https://4hcm.org/education-and-support/ .
This will give us the best understanding of your current health, HCM presentation, and potential eligibility in upcoming trials.