Our primary and specialty care is provided by experts from all medical specialties, attracting patients from around the world. We offer our care in convenient, comfortable settings, using the most advanced approaches and with the best outcomes as our goal.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. In 2020-2021 four of our adult care specialties were ranked, including two in the top 10 among the nation's best, including ophthalmology (6th), otolaryngology (7th), gynecology (34th), and cancer (41st). Four additional specialties, gastroenterology, orthopedics, pulmonary, and urology, were listed as "high-performing."
- Ferhaan Ahmad, MD, PhD - Program Director & Cardiology, Genetics
- Maggie, E. Armstrong, MS, CGC - Genetic Counseling
- Mahi L. Ashwath, MBBS - Cardiology, Cardiac Imaging
- Steven Bailin, MD - Cardiology, Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Jay K. Bhama, MD - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Kyoung Bin Im, MD - Neurology, Sleep Medicine
- Kathleen Detert, BA - Administrative
- Jess Fiedorowicz, MD, PhD - Psychiatry
- Michael C. Giudici, MD - Cardiology, Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Becky Gutmann, RN, BSN - Nurse Manager
- Katie Halbmaier, DNP, ARNP - Nurse Practitioner
- James Rossen, MD - Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology