World-Renowned Treatment for HCM
Houston Methodist has a history of excellence in treating HCM. In 1996, we were the first hospital in the U.S. to perform alcohol septal ablation, a catheter-based procedure that is now an important treatment option for many people with HCM.
Today, as part of national and international clinical studies, our physician-researchers remain committed to seeking new treatment options for HCM.
In addition, our Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Program is recognized for excellence by the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association (HCMA), the only one of its kind in Houston.
- Dr. Sherif F. Nagueh - Program Director
- Dr. John Buergler - Program Co-Director
- Dr. Miguel Valderabano - Electrophysiology
- Dr. Dr. Amish Dave - Electrophysiology
- Dr. Paul Schurmann - Electrophysiology
- Dr. Gerald Lawrie - Surgery
- Dr. Dipin Shah - Cardiac Imaging
- Dr. Randall J. Olsen - Genetic Testing